- We are looking for an interested club member who might want to be the Membership Chair. If you like interacting with your fellow members, consider becoming a Board member and the Chair of Membership. If you are interested, contact VP/Programs, Dave Melgaard.
If you are 50 years or older, and have retired from Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Labs, DOE/NNSA, other federal agencies, or the military; or you are a spouse or surviving spouse of a retiree, there are three steps to joining the Coronado Thunderbirds:
- Become a member of the Mountain View Club (dues are required).
- Pay Coronado Thunderbird annual dues (January through December).
- Obtain access to Kirtland Air Force Base.
All Coronado Thunderbirds members are required to be members of the Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB) Mountain View Club (MVC). Joining the MVC via myairforcelife.com will start the process for you to pay your MVC dues. See Join the Coronado Thunderbirds and the Mountain View Club.
Membership Dues Rates
- Officer Active/Retired – $15/mo
- Civilian GS 7-15/Retired – $15/mo
- Civilian GS 1-6/Retired – $7/mo
- Contractor – $7/mo
- Sandia Labs – $7/mo
- Reservist – $3.50/mo
- Enlisted E5-E9 – $7/mo
- Enlisted E1-E4 – $2/mo
- Civ NAF 1-3 – $2/mo
- Civ NAF 4 and above $7/mo
All Coronado Thunderbirds members are required to pay annual (January to December) dues. The dues are currently $15 per person, or $30 per couple. Checks for dues should be made out to “Coronado Thunderbirds,” and should be given to the Membership Chair, Pete Havey. Pete attends most monthly meetings, or you can contact him via email (Membership). The Membership Chair maintains a roster of members, so please include member names, a telephone number and an email address (if available). Members will receive the bi-monthly newsletter and occasional UpDates. Members are encouraged to attend a monthly general membership meeting (second Tuesdays of the month).
All Coronado Thunderbirds members are required to have current access to Kirtland Air Force Base. If you have a military ID, that will serve as your access badge. Other members must obtain a Department of Defense (DOD), Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) access badge, issued by KAFB. The base pass process includes a background check, and continuing members must have the pass renewed annually from the time it is first issued. The process for new badges and renewals takes at least 2 weeks once a form is received. See the “Base Pass” page for further information.
For Website Issues or additions: Webmaster@coronadothunderbirds.com