The first step in joining the Coronado Thunderbirds is to join the Air Force Club (in our case, the Mountain View Club or MVC). The information to do so listed below on this page.
The second step to in joining the Coronado Thunderbirds is to contact the Coronado Thunderbirds Membership Chair via email (or call at 505-268-6816) that you are now an MVC member. You can pay your Coronado Thunderbirds dues ($15.00/person requesting a badge/calendar year) and begin the process to obtain your DBIDS badge for access to Kirtland Air Force Base.
NOTE: If you do not have an email, the Mountain View Club (MVC) will create one for you. You must have an email to specify your payment for MVC dues. Contact the MVC by calling 505-846-5165 and let them know that you are joining the Coronado Thunderbirds but you do not have an email. They will create one for you.
NOTE: If you don’t have a computer or smartphone, the Mountain View Club (MVC) will have to complete the following steps for you.
NOTE: If you wish to pay your MVC dues on a semiannual or annual basis, contact the MVC at 505-846-5165 for help to “Claim Your Account” and be enrolled in the MemberPlanet portal. Then, you may visit the MVC and make payment via cash or check. Be sure to get a receipt for your payment. You will also be given a card to show your membership.
If you wish to pay your Air Force Club (ergo, MVC) dues monthly via credit card or your bank account, you may join using the following steps
1. If you have a computer or smartphone, START HERE. You first need to “Create Your Account.” Use your computer or smartphone to log into www.myairforcelife.com. Click on the button: “NEW & CURRENT AIR FORCE CLUB MEMBERS – CLICK HERE TO JOIN OR ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT.”
NOTE: You will not need to access this Web site again after you create your account.
Please continue through the entire process or you will have to contact MVC to fix your membership.
Do not download the MemberPlanet app to your smartphone until after you have completed the entire process, or you will have to contact MVC to fix your membership.
2. On the screen “Claim Account – Account setup – Select your status,” click on the button: “New or Existing Member”
3. On the screen “Claim Account – Account setup – Enter your information,” enter your email address in the field. Click on “Continue.”
4. On the screen “Claim Account – Account setup – Create New Account,” fill in the following fields:
— Email address – This will also act as your username when you log in to memberplanet to manage your account in the future
— Choose a password – Your password must be at least 8 characters long, including at least one letter and one number.
— Confirm your password
— First name
— Last name – This will also act as your username when you log in to memberplanet to manage your account in the future
— Name of the club you’re joining – Scroll down the field and select “Kirtland AFB Club.”
— Rank – Scroll down the field and select “Retired Officer.” Click on “Submit.”
4, You will then be prompted to enter your payment information. The screen should show “Joining Kirtland AFB Club” at the top. Then there is a “Checkout” Box which should show your Membership Level” as “(Officer) Retired, $15.00, Membership period: Monthly.”
5. Your credit card or bank account is charged on the 15th of the month; if you join at any other time of the month, there will be a Pro-rate amount listed. Then, fill in the rest of the blanks, depending on how you want to pay. Then click on “Pay Now.
6. You then become a member of the portal, MemberPlanet. You will be prompted to download the MemberPlanet app on your smartphone. This is the app that displays your membership card. Use the same login and password that you used for myairforcelife.com.
7. On an Android phone, access “Play Store.” Search for “MemberPlanet,” and install on your smartphone. On an iPhone, use your App Store icon to search for “Member Planet” and download onto your phone.
8. If you do not have a smartphone, you can access MemberPlanet.com on your computer to print out your membership card. If you do not have a smartphone or computer, contact MVC so they can enroll you and then email you a copy of your membership card.
To access your membership card on your smartphone:
- Open the MemberPlanet app.
- Click on “Log In.”
- If your email is not already in the email line, type it in.
- Type in your Password and click, “Log In.”
- Tap on the three bars on the left side of “Home.”
- Tap on the “My Member Card.”
- Tap on the arrow by Kirtland AFB Clubs and your membership card will display.
- To Log Out, arrow back to the three bars and scroll down to “Log Out” and tap it.