If you are 50 years or older, and have retired from Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Labs, DOE/NNSA, other federal agencies, or the military, there are three steps to joining the Coronado Thunderbirds:
1. Become a member of the Mountain View Club (MVC) Click on this link: Join the Mountain View Club
2. Pay Coronado Thunderbird annual dues (January through December).
The dues are currently $15 per person requesting a DBIDS badge for KAFB access. (So if both family members want to have KAFB access, the dues are $30.) Checks for dues should be made out to “Coronado Thunderbirds,” and should be mailed or given to the Membership Chair, Pete Havey. Pete attends most monthly meetings, or you can contact him via email (Membership).
3. Obtain access to Kirtland Air Force Base.
Pete Havey, Membership Chair, is the single point of contact for base passes.
- You may use these links to download a KAFB Pass Request form and fill it in. The form is available to print at this link: KAFB Pass Request Form (or request it from the Membership Chair, Pete Havey).
- Follow the instructions for filling out the “For Official Use Only” side of the form: KAFB Base Pass Request Form Instructions.
- Mail your completed form to Pete Havey.
- Pete will contact you when your access form has been taken to Badge Office.
- It does take a little time for your MVC Club membership to be confirmed, and then it takes at least a week to get a new badge made. (Also, please keep Pete updated with your current address, phone number, and email address.)
- When you go to the Truman Visitor Control Center to pick up your badge, go Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 3:00pm. You will also need your vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
For Website Issues or additions: Webmaster@coronadothunderbirds.com