Renewing Your Coronado Thunderbirds Membership
The dues are currently $15 annually (January through December) per person requesting a DBIDS badge for KAFB access. (So if both family members want to have KAFB access, the dues are $30.) Checks for dues should be made out to “Coronado Thunderbirds,” and should be given to the Membership Chair, Pete Havey. Pete attends most monthly meetings, or you can contact him via email (Membership).
Renewing Your MVC Membership
Your Badge is good for only 12 months. It must be renewed before it expires or you lose access to KAFB. Also, you need to fill in a Kirtland Air Force Base Pass Request Form each time you renew. NOTE: You will lose about 1 month each year you renew due to processing time.
Check your Badge frequently. If your Badge is expiring soon (within a month or less), please get it renewed.
Pete Havey, Membership Chair, is the single point of contact for base passes.
If you need a Kirtland Air Force Base Pass Request Form and instructions for how to fill the form in, you may contact Pete Havey, Membership Chair. Or,
- You may use these links to download a KAFB Pass Request form and fill it in. The form is available to print at this link: KAFB Pass Request Form (or request it from the Membership Chair, Pete Havey).
- Follow the instructions for filling out the “For Official Use Only” side of the form: KAFB Base Pass Request Form Instructions.
- Mail your completed form to Pete Havey.
- Pete will contact you when your access form has been taken to Badge Office.
- It does take a little time for your MVC Club membership to be confirmed, and then it takes at least a week to get a new badge made. (Also, please keep Pete updated with your current address, phone number, and email address.)
- When you go to the Truman Visitor Control Center to pick up your badge, go Monday through Friday, between 6:00am to 3:00pm. You will also need your vehicle registration and proof of insurance.