Benefits of Membership
We are privileged to have access to Kirtland Air Force Base facilities, such as the Mountain View Club and it’s many activities, and numerous Kirtland Force Support facilities. These include the fitness centers, the golf course, the auto hobby shop, bowling, Aero Club, FSS Theater, RV storage, etc. – Kirtland activities access.
And, you have the chance to engage with former co-workers and meet new friends.
Badge/Club Membership Renewals
- TO RENEW YOUR BADGE/CLUB MEMBERSHIP, YOU MUST FILL IN AND SUBMIT THE SAME PAPERWORK AS WHEN YOU FIRST JOINED. (See Links 1 and 2)
- Your long-term Badge is valid for only 12 months; however, you may “lose” at least a month each year due to renewal processing time. If you do not renew your Badge before it expires, you are not allowed onto KAFB until you receive your renewed Badge.
- Check your Badge frequently for the expiration date, which is in the upper right-hand corner. If your Badge is expiring soon, please submit your renewal application a month or so before the expiration date.
- You must also maintain your membership in the Mountain View Club ($10/month/family unit).
- After your initial payment of Coronado Thunderbirds club dues, you are required to pay those dues on a fiscal year basis (January – December). You may pay your dues for the following year beginning in October of the current year. Dues for the following year must be paid by January 31st, or you are no longer considered a current member; and you must turn in your badge.
Base Access Protocols
THE KAFB GATES HAVE 100% ID CHECKS.
CORONADO THUNDERBIRDS MEMBERS MAY ESCORT NON-MEMBERS/GUESTS ONTO BASE, BUT SHALL FIRST VISIT THE TRUMAN VISITOR CONTROL CENTER ACCOMPANIED BY THE NON-MEMBERS/GUESTS. THE NON-MEMBERS/GUESTS MUST HAVE A VALID ID SO THAT THEY MAY EACH OBTAIN A SHORT-TERM BASE PASS. BE MINDFUL THAT YOUR GUESTS MUST SUBMIT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK AND COULD BE DENIED BASE ACCESS.
BX and Commissary privileges are only for active military and military retirees. NOTE: The BX Food Court is open to anyone with a Base Pass.
In the event that you no longer wish to be a member of the Coronado Thunderbirds, you are responsible for stopping payment to the Air Force Club organization. You are also required to return your DBIDS badge to the Base.
Member name tags
Click here for information on optional member name tags that you may purchase.