If you are 50 years or older, and have retired from Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Labs, DOE/NNSA, other federal agencies, or the military, there are three steps to joining the Coronado Thunderbirds:
1. Become a member of the Mountain View Club (MVC) Click on this link: Join the Mountain View Club
2. Pay Coronado Thunderbird annual dues (January through December).
The dues are currently $15 per person requesting a DBIDS badge for KAFB access. (So if both family members want to have KAFB access, the dues are $30.) Checks for dues should be made out to “Coronado Thunderbirds,” and should be mailed or given to the Membership Chair, Pete Havey. Pete attends most monthly meetings, or you can contact him via email (Membership).
3. Obtain access to Kirtland Air Force Base.
Pete Havey, Membership Chair, is the single point of contact for base passes.
- You must obtain a KAFB Pass Request form and fill it in. The forms are available to print out at this link: KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE PASS REQUEST (or from the Membership Chair, Pete Havey).
- Follow the instructions for filling out the back of the form: Kirtland AFB Base Pass Form Instructions.
- Mail your completed forms to Pete Havey. Since Pete typically attends the monthly meetings, you may give him the completed forms then.
For Website Issues or additions: Webmaster@coronadothunderbirds.com