The first step in joining the Coronado Thunderbirds is to join the Air Force Club (in our case, the Mountain View Club or MVC). There is a monthly rate of $15.00 per single Coronado Thunderbird member or family unit (member and spouse/significant other).
a. If one or both members are military/military retired, each must pay per month using the appropriate rank. See Number 4 below.
b. No dues are required for military widows/widowers, lifetime members, Honorary Enlisted/Officer, Non-local Reservists, and disabled veterans.
NOTE: If you do not have an email, the Mountain View Club (MVC) will create one for you. You must have an email to specify your payment for MVC dues. Contact the MVC by calling 505-846-5165 and let them know that you are joining the Coronado Thunderbirds but you do not have an email. They will create one for you.
NOTE: If you don’t have a computer or smartphone, the Mountain View Club (MVC) will have to complete the following steps for you.
NOTE: If you wish to pay your MVC dues on a semiannual or annual basis, contact the MVC at 505-846-5165 for help to “Claim Your Account” and be enrolled in the MemberPlanet portal. Then, you may visit the MVC and make payment via cash or check. Be sure to get a receipt for your payment. You will also be given a card to show your membership.
If you wish to pay your Air Force Club (ergo, MVC) dues monthly via credit card or your bank account, you may join using the following steps
1. If you have a computer or smartphone, START HERE. You first need to “Claim Your Account.”
NOTE: You will not need to access this Web site again after you create your account.
Please continue through the entire process or you will have to contact MVC to fix your membership.
Do not download the MemberPlanet app to your smartphone until after you have completed the entire process, or you will have to contact MVC to fix your membership.
2. On the screen “Claim Account – Account setup – Select your status,” click on the button: “New or Existing Member”
3. On the screen “Claim Account – Account setup – Enter your information,” enter your email address in the field. Click on “Continue.”
4. On the screen “Claim Account – Account setup – Create New Account,” fill in the following fields:
— Email address – This will also act as your username when you log in to memberplanet to manage your account in the future
— Choose a password – Your password must be at least 8 characters long, including at least one letter and one number.
— Confirm your password
— First name
— Last name – This will also act as your username when you log in to memberplanet to manage your account in the future
— Name of the club you’re joining – Scroll down the field and select “Kirtland AFB Club.”
— Rank – Scroll down the field and select “Retired Officer.” Click on “Submit.”
4, You will then be prompted to enter your payment information. The screen should show “Joining Kirtland AFB Club” at the top. Then there is a “Checkout” Box which should show your Membership Level” as “(Officer) Retired, $15.00, Membership period: Monthly.”
5. Your credit card or bank account is charged on the 15th of the month; if you join at any other time of the month, there will be a Pro-rate amount listed. Then, fill in the rest of the blanks, depending on how you want to pay. Then click on “Pay Now.
6. You then become a member of the portal, MemberPlanet. You will be prompted to download the MemberPlanet app on your smartphone. This is the app that displays your membership card. Use the same login and password that you used for myairforcelife.com.
7. Set up your smartphone: Install MemberPlanet and Access Your Membership Card (Scroll down the page.)
8. If you do not have a smartphone, you can access MemberPlanet.com on your computer to print out your membership card. If you do not have a smartphone or computer, contact MVC so they can enroll you and then email you a copy of your membership card.
To change your payment credit card: Step-by-Step Guide to Updating Your Existing Air Force Club Card (Ergo, the credit card you use for membership dues.)