For new members and existing members (the pass must be renewed annually), the Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB) Pass Request form is required in order to receive a Department of Defense (DOD), Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS), access badge. This form is required for each member of the Coronado Thunderbirds who wishes to have Base access. This form needs to be filled out (please print) using black/blue ink with the following 2 sections of instructions:
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY side of form
Do Not Fill in SPONSOR’S INFORMATION
- VISITOR’S INFORMATION – fill out complete section of required personal information
- FIRST NAME:
- MIDDLE NAME:
- LAST NAME:
- DATE OF BIRTH: – MM/DD/YYYY
- SSN: – Social Security Number – NNN-NN-NNNN
- SEX: – circle one
- US CITIZEN? – circle one
- PHONE NUMBER: – (Area Code) NNN-NNNN
- DESTINATION COMPANY ON KIRTLAND AFB:
- All MWR
- REQUESTED ACCESS TIMES: –
- Circle “Monday through Sunday”
- FROM: Write in 0600 TO 2200 HOURS
- EXPIRING: MM/DD/YYYY (One year from the date that you sign the form)
- CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION – fill out complete section of required personal information
- VISITOR’S FULL LEGAL NAME:
- VISITOR’S DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER:
- STATE OF ISSUE:
- ANY ALIAS:
- SIGNATURE OF VISITOR/DATE – Sign and date in the indicated lines
- DO NOT WRITE BELOW-GOVERNMENT USE ONLY – leave blank
Do Not Fill in any information on the back of the form
Return the completed form to the Membership Chair, Pete Havey; he will review that the form is complete, and he will hand carry it to the Pass and Registration office on KAFB for processing. Your badge will be ready for pickup 2 weeks after you get the form to Pete Havey.
Pick up your badge at the Truman Gate. Have your driver’s license, car insurance proof, and car registration with you. Hours at the Truman Gate are Monday-Sunday, 24/7. It is advised to pick up your badge before 2 pm since that military shift is more knowledgeable about our badging process.
NOTE: If Pete cannot get the MVC verification process completed in a timely manner, he will call you and let you know the day he submits your badge to the Pass and Registration Office. That begins your 2 week period for processing.
The Department of Defense (DOD), Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) access badge must be renewed every year (this includes all spouses who are Coronado Thunderbird members, even if they no longer drive).
DUE TO COVID-19 PROTOCOLS, YOU MAY NOT ESCORT ANYONE WITHOUT A CURRENT BADGE ONTO BASE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
IF YOUR BADGE IS RENEWED WHILE THE COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE, YOUR BADGE HAS THE FOLLOWING LIMITS: “ESCORT LIMIT – 0” AND “VEHICLE LIMIT – 1.”
Your Base Pass will have indicators showing “Escort Limit – 5” and “Vehicle Limit – 1.” This means that in your vehicle, you must be present and you may escort up to 5 other individuals in the one vehicle. This is a privilege that is not to be taken lightly. If you escort individuals on Base, YOU are responsible for their actions.
Please contact Pete, Membership, if you have any questions completing the form.
NOTE: KAFB access badges are the property of KAFB. Should you no longer continue your membership with the Coronado Thunderbirds, the badges should be returned to the Membership Chair.
For Website Issues or additions: Webmaster@coronadothunderbirds.com