- We are looking for an interested club member who might want to be the Membership Chair. If you like interacting with your fellow members, consider becoming a Board member and the Chair of Membership. If you are interested, contact VP/Programs, Dave Melgaard.
Coronado Thunderbirds is a club for persons 50 years or older who have retired from Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Labs, DOE/NNSA, other federal agencies, or the military. Spouses and surviving spouses are welcome to join.
We are unable to accept membership applications due to changes because of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Great group of people, many of whom you may know from the labs or the base.
- Interesting talks – please see the agenda for the next meeting or the Previous Programs page.
- Access to the Mountain View Club and it’s many activities and all Morale, Wellness, and Recreation (MWR) facilities. This includes the Base gyms, the golf course, the auto hobby shop, bowling, RV storage, etc. – check out the activities page
- Other activities like Travel/Tour opportunities.
Pete Havey – 2020 Membership Chair and KAFB Base Passes – Membership
Join in the fun!
We are unable to renew Base passes while the Badge Office is shut down due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We will notify you as soon as we are able to submit renewals. So, please don’t call our Membership Chair for forms until we can process renewals.
Renewing Your Membership
Your Base Pass is good for only 12 months. It must be renewed before it expires or you lose access to KAFB.
If your Base pass is expiring soon, contact our Membership Chair, Pete Havey, for the latest Base pass request form. It does take a little time for your MVC Club membership to be confirmed, and then it takes 10—14 days to get a new badge made. Also, please keep Pete updated with your current address, phone number, and email address.